AltaiCare is a cloud-first network management-as-aservice platform that provides centralized visibility and control over the entire product portfolio of the Atlai Super WiFi solutions, without the cost and complexity of WLAN controllers or overlay management systems. It greatly simplifies the deployment, operation, and ongoing maintenance of Wi-Fi networks of any size.
AltaiCare offers comprehensive cloud services and an on-premises virtual appliance for different deployment scenarios.
AltaiCare Cloud Services
A cloud-based management-as-a-service platform with a subscription model. Hosted via Amazon AWS, AltaiCare is maintained by the Altai Cloud Operations team, and is updated with new features and bug fixes on a regular basis.
A virtualized version of AltaiCare Cloud Services for enterprises, AltaiCare On-Premises supports easy deployment in VMware, and offers unique features including Active Directory support, northbound interface, and RESTful APIs.
Cloud Management Architecture
Every Altai device, including APs and switches, either connects over the Internet, or over a local LAN, to AltaiCare. These secured connections utilize a proprietary protocol that provides real-time visibility and control, yet uses minimal bandwidth overhead.
The out-of-band control plane of AltaiCare separates management data from user data. Management data flows from Altai devices to AltaiCare, whereas user data breaks out to the local LAN and flows directly to its destination through an existing firewall.
Unmatched Reliability and Scalability
AltaiCare is built on secure, highly redundant, and massively scalable cloud technologies, ensuring the highest possible availability and uninterrupted service. It can support small deployments and can easily ramp-up to support Wi-Fi networks with thousands of APs and tens of thousands of users.
Altai employs a distributed availability and performance monitoring system on the AltaiCare cloud infrastructure. Anomalies in the behavior and function of the application are monitored and alerts are sent to Altai Cloud Operations team for immediate action as required.
Key Features and Benefits
• Comprehensive Deployment Options Support cloud services and on-premises management for maximizing deployment flexibility.
• Centralized Visibility and Control Zero-touch provisioning and monitoring of APs, backhaul links, switches, and clients from a single-paneof-glass web UI, with key performance metrics, alarms, and alerts.
• Full Network View The Access and Backhaul view, as well as the AP-CPE topology tree, offers full network visibility and control from tower to edge.
• Simple Guest and Private Network Setup Fully customizable captive portal for guest Wi-Fi with multiple login options and secured private network access using PSK or 802.1x.
• Built-in Reporting and Analytics Extensive report options with up to 12 months of historical data retention and 1 month of user login history for long-term trending analytics.
• Automation and Third-Party Integration AltaiCare On-Premises supports RESTful APIs for automation or integration with OSS/BSS system and an SNMP-based northbound interface for NMS integration.
• Cloud services (subscription-based)
• On-premise virtual appliance (VMWare
Provisioning and Monitoring
• Zero-touch AP provisioning
• WLAN creation wizard for quick and easy setup
• WLAN configuration template
• Automatic and scheduled bulk firmware upgrade
• Switch monitoring*
• Google map integration
• Push notification for alarms
• Real-time status of WLANs, APs, backhaul links, clients, and users
• Full network visibility
• Access and backhaul view
• Hierarchical AP-CPE tree
• Captive portal, PSK
• Flexible login: – Open, email, click-through
• Social networking login: – Facebook, Google
• MAC caching to allow repeated customers’ quick access to guest Wi-Fi
• Flexible portal options for L2 and L3 network architecture
• Fully customizable captive portal
• Bulk voucher creation for prepaid access
• Built-in advertising engine for Wi-Fi monetization
• Per WLAN and per user bandwidth control
• Integration with third-party guest Wi-Fi marketing platforms:
– Express Wi-Fi, Linkyfi, Purple Wi-Fi, and more
– PSK (WPA/WPA2/WPA3) – 802.1x with AAA and dynamic VLAN – Mac address-based
• Authentication server: – RADIUS, Active Directory (virtual appliance only)
• Encryption: – WEP, TKIP, AES
• Powerful portal editor to customize Wi-Fi splash pages
• Dynamic splash pages at any site based on login location, customer profile, time, and customized tags
• User profiles exported in CSV for integration with CRM or data analytics
• Only management traffic is sent to the cloud
• Client data traffic stays local (broken out to local LAN and sent through an existing firewall)
• L3 access control for traffic policies
• Admin account password and login policy
Data and Reporting
• Extensive report options:
– Per site, per AP, per radio, per SSID – WLAN, AP, backhaul, and client statistics
– Top APs by traffic
– Top clients by traffic
– User login and session statistics
• Historical reports exported in CSV and PDF
• RESTful APIs for integration with OSS/BSS systems (virtual appliance only)
• Up to 12-months of historical data retention
• Up to 1-month of client login history
• Up to 1-month of client association history (virtual appliance only)
• Role-based access
• Multi-level admin
• Multi-site management
• SNMP-based northbound interface for NMS integration* (virtual appliance only)
• Integration with LBS by Altai ecosystem partners
Network Devices Supported
• Outdoor AP
– A2 (ac) series
– A3-Ei – A8n (ac) series
– AX500 series
– C1n series
– C1an series
• Indoor AP
• Industrial switch
Other Network Management Highlights
• Automatic load balancing*
• Client isolation
• Rogue AP detection and AP background scanning
• Announcement board for system level notification
• Remote troubleshooting via SSH/ web access to AP
Product Ordering Information
AltaiCare Cloud Services
• AltaiCare Annual Subscription Fee (Include Technical Support and Software Upgrade) AltaiCare On-Premises
• On-premise virtual appliance (VMWare)
• One-time License and Annual Support Fee
• Email: email@example.com